Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Lord Provides

I'm joining in on Gratituesday over at Heavenly Homemakers.

I actually had a hard time picking which item I wanted to talk about today. I am so thankful for so many things.  But as I got my son's milk out of the fridge this morning I couldn't not give thanks.

My son is 13 1/2 months old today and I last night I pulled the last bag of frozen breast milk out of the freezer.  Normally this wouldn't be any surprise coming from me but 5 months ago I lost my entire stockpile of breast milk.  And when I say stockpile...I mean approximately 700 ounces ended up being dumped down the drain right before we left on a 13 hour drive.  It was the roughest day I had had in a looooong time. 

The Lord has been so gracious in helping me build my supply back up.  I was in a very rough emotional state when this happened but so many events that have happened in the past months has been so encouraging to know that God even cares for how I feed my child and has provided in crazy (but not surprising) ways! 

He is so good to each and everyone of us.  It just helps to remind me how we need to give each and every care to Him no matter how small we think it is. If it's in His will - He's going to provide!

May the Lord bless you today in someway and then be sure to come back and give Him thanks here!

2 comments:

  1. Jess - I still remember hearing your story that day and knowing the pain you were in. What a horrible feeling to lose all of that milk. I cannot even imagine. I still have 4 bags of frozen breastmilk in the freezer (about 20 oz) that are past the point of being usable, they need dumped, and I still cannot bring myself to do it even though we have been done BFing since July. All of those months of being scared that my supply would dwindle and we would not make it to a year and many prayers for my milk to continue...we made it to a year...and have been done for a while...and I still cannot dump those liquid gold drops! I will have to make Ryan do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God truly is good! Thank you for sharing your story, and I am glad things have worked out so well. It's so easy to take our blessings for granted, and most of us have so many! Even during the difficult times in my life, I have had many things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete