Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm joining in Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers! today.....

I had the hardest time picking something to be thankful for today.  Oh I have lots that I'm thankful for - my husband, my two children, my nieces, my new nephew, my family, my friends, my home, my church, my church family, my new friends, my old friends, etc.... but nothing seemed 'right' - special enough to make a great post.  I was really struggling and getting upset that I didn't have something big, exciting to share with everyone. And suddenly......

Then this verse came to mind -1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NASB) 18in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

And I realized - it's ok to be thankful for all those things - it's what God commanded us to do.  There is nothing wrong with my list of things that I am thankful for.  As long as I am giving thanks to the one who gave them to me.  He's not saying - only give thanks for the cool things, or the things that will impress others, or bring readers to your blog (yes I admit my thoughts earlier in the day).  He says give thanks in EVERYTHING....  the smallest and the biggest things in our live we are to be grateful for.

So most importantly - I am thankful to/for God and everything that He has given me.... and for letting me be thankful for those things without feeling like I'm short-changing anyone or anything.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. visiting from GratiTuesday...
    Today, I'm thankful that every trial I've ever had has taught me something about G-d that no one can ever take away from me.

    shalom & blessings to you and yours,

    Gail Griner Golden

    ReplyDelete