Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My New Job

Well it's official.... I will have a new job come July 9th. 

Yesterday I submitted my resignation from the local university to become a full-time stay at home mommy!  I've been with the same boss for over 8 years.  I've never technically worked anywhere but here.  I was a student worker for 3, interned for 1, and then got a job upon graduation and have been there for 7 years. Just crazy.

But about 6 months ago my husband and I finally finally sat down and admitted we were both feeling very strong convictions that I needed to be home with our children full-time.  So we started a budget and never looked back. 

The Lord has been so faithful in the past months that I can't wait to see what happens in the future.  All of our needs have been met - and we have also discovered that there is a HUGE difference between needs and wants.  So some may think our needs have not been met but when we sit back and look at our priorities - our basic needs have been met every month.  It's amazing and humbling in the same breath.

So today I am happy and excited to share the news.  I am just beyond thankful for His clear direction and guiding through all of this.  It won't be easy - in fact I'm sure I'm walking into a much harder job than I ever thought possible.  But my rewards are not here.  My rewards are for eternity and that's what I'm working towards.

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. I know I have said it a hundred times, but I am so happy and excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete