Sunday, June 9, 2013

My new favorite summer activity!

I have a confession to make.

I am a lazy mom who hates crafts.... painting especially.  It's so darn messy and time consuming for all the longer they ever actually paint. Even water colors.... they mix all the colors, then the colors get runny, and they all look brown eventually... plus you have to leave them out so they can dry before you can actually put them away - just not my cup of tea at all.

Then the other day we got a $10/$10 coupon in the mail for a local department store. I was stoked for something free.  Sent my dear hubby over lunch and after numerous phone calls (do you know how expensive one pair of underwear is anymore??? geesh) I told him to just forget about it.  Disappointed and sad that we had lost out on 10 free bucks.  But he came home with something for the children and I just threw it on the table not really looking at it.

Until today when my son looked up at me with those big blue eyes and asked 'we paint today'..... first reaction was no. Let's find something else to do but then I remembered that the item Nathan had bought were paint with water... ok how messy could they be.

I AM IN LOVE!

These things are so cool - you just rip each page out. Along the top they have 5 little squares of paint - you wet your brush, rub it on the paint square and voila you're painting with water! And the best part.... when they are done you just cut the strip off the top where the paint used to be and throw it away! The sheets still end up being regular size after you cut the strips of used up paint off so they aren't small by any means.  Melissa & Doug make them so you know they are going to be neat but I am seriously impressed.  I don't know how economical they will be in the long run but for this mama who just really doesn't like messing with paints they are perfect.... for vacations or trips to the grandparents they are amazing.... all-in-ones and absolutely wonderful.  I looked them up on Amazon and they have a huge selection of them, more than I realized that's for sure.  Here are just a couple that I'm going to be stocking up on ;)

 Has anyone else tried these - do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment