Sunday, June 16, 2013

Traveling

I am not a traveler.

Neither on my children.

Road trips are not fun in this house.

At one point before we got married Nathan always dreamed of us packing up and just driving for days and doing nothing much planned.... until we went on our first long drive and decided that's just not going to happen...... ever.

I am seriously a horrible traveler - I don't mind the being somewhere but I hate the getting to and coming back.

On Friday we took Lydia to her dr apt (more on that later) and it was just about a 5 hour drive one way.  We did it in one day.... 10+ hours driving... we left at 8:30 and got home at 10:30.... I was willing to walk the last hour it was that bad.  Plus Nathan was not feeling well so that just added insult to injury.  Lydia did great though - she's always been our best traveler.  She was such a trooper with all that traveling and having to go through evaluations at the dr.

I think my worst fault is that I feel like I'm wasting time in the car. I need to be doing something - but you can only read so long, and it's not really practical to take all my coupons and cut them. These are the times I wish I was crafty or handy that I could knit or crochet. I know I wouldn't be able to do that for the entire 10 hours but to split the time up would be so helpful.

What do you do on long trips? Any tips to keep sane when you hate to travel? Or any good tips on how to teach yourself how to be crafty with your hands? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment