Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Resolutions - A month early

You know they're coming - the end of the month you'll make a resolution or two and within a couple weeks they will be forgotten just like the 2 dozen cookies you  had for breakfast Christmas morning (did I say that aloud?). 

Anyhow -

I'm trying a different tactic this year - I'm going to start my new years resolutions today.  December 1st.  Figuring maybe if they are already a habit by time 1/1/2011 comes around I'll be me apt to keep them. 

Anyone interested in joining me?

I will try to blog about my success and failures in the coming month.  I will try to be as honest as I can even if that means admitting failure - which none of us like to do.

Now for my two resolutions.

1) Stick to our budget more tightly, and begin to implement the envelope system for more than just our grocery budget.   The month of November I used the cash/envelope system for our grocery budget and it made a huge difference.  I was shocked at how much it affected how I spent my money - I didn't like to see that cash dwindling.  And I knew I needed to have some for the last week of the month for milk, eggs, fruit - or I would have some very unhappy children in my house.  I can say I was honestly surprised at how much it made me 2nd guess my purchases.

2) Exercise..... I know the big one that everyone makes the resolution to do.  BUT - my resolution is going to be to exercise at least 3 times a week on the treadmill and for at least 1/2 and hour.  I know it's not much but it is a start - and we all have to start somewhere.  Most of you know that I hate to sweat - it's gross and yucky - but you don't see results without showing some effort.  So here I go....  :)

2 comments:

  1. You go Jess!!! I really need to get on the exercising. I am really good about it for a couple weeks and then there is a holiday or a weekend away and I can't get back on track. It is also so hard with not having a babysitter. I can't work out when she is awake, and when she is sleeping I want to be quiet.

    Can't wait to hear about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this week I started getting up at 5 am to walk/jog on my treadmill before going to work. Its just too hard to make my self do it after work. So I'm right there with you Jess!

    ReplyDelete