Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Frozen Meals

I'm joining Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

This might be a lame post to some, but I am so thankful for my freezer and really cool feature on my oven.  It's this little thing called 'delay start'.  I put a frozen casserole in the oven before I go to work, set the delay start and voila - the casserole is ready when we get home from work.  I keep wondering if it's safe - and if someday we'll all end up with food poisoning but for now I'm just going to enjoy it.

My husband and I both had off all last week and he was so wonderful in letting me sleep in while he got up early and did some cooking ahead for us.  Our freezer is stocked full right now, below is a list of things that were made.

1 batch of chicken stuffed shells
2 batches of cheese stuffed shells
2 Chicken Tettrazini Casseroles
2 Ham/Hash brown Casseroles
1 Chicken Corden Blu Casserole
2 Lasagnas
1 Pasta Crab Casserole
1 meals worth of Meatloaf Patties
2 meals worth of Sloppy Joes
2 meals worth of Taco meat
3 Breakfast casseroles

I think of so many who go hungry each night, and that we are able to purchase this much food a month in advance makes me feel so blessed and overwhelmed sometimes.  I am hoping to cut our budget for groceries in half this month and spend the extra on fresh fruits and veggies.  This many meals covers almost all of the dinners that we eat at home and enough for lunches the following days. 

I am personally glad Christmas is over and all the sweets that go along with it.... as is my waistline!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I know that must feel good to have all that in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete