Monday, January 31, 2011

Pillars

I've talked about this book before - and how much it was influential to me in starting my blog.

Beautiful in God's Eyes: The Treasures of the Proverbs 31 Woman (George, Elizabeth (Insp))

As I was cleaning up last night I realized I had never finished the last chapter... got too excited about starting my blog! :) 

As I was reading through it something stood out to me - this is an excerpt from page 243:

"Although many of her activities are confined to the home, due recognition of the vital contribution she makes to the community is offered publicly in the gates.  As one saint marvels, "Much of what . . . women do is in a supportive role, but imagine what would happen to a building if its support pillars were removed!" "

Amen!  So here's a shout out to all my fellow 'pillars'.  Thank you for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment