Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Resolution Update

I have not given an update on my resolutions lately or my pantry challenge (look for that one next). 

Exercise has not been going so well - this weather has been beating my sinuses and my energy is non-existent.  But... the cash envelope system has been a huge success.  The Lord has been so gracious to us this month. 

50%!  I have over 50% of our budget remaining for this month... and we only have 7 more days of the month.  For someone who usually spent everything that was available for the month this is beyond exciting.  I really had to change my way of thinking and refocus my attitude.  God's grace has been outstanding... I am so thankful that He has helped me through this. 

I really doubted the cash envelope system - I'll be honest.  I never thought it would work for us, but I've got a pretty good system down.  We still use a credit card every now and again but I just keep a running total of what needs taken out of which envelope and place in a separate envelope. Then at the end of the month I'll deposit it back into the checking account to cover the credit card bill. BRILLIANT! :)  I have a pretty binder with all my pencil cases labeled and organized in there.  Envelopes with each category to keep track of excess or over-spending so by the end of the year we'll have an idea of when our spending gets out of control or which months are worse so we can plan ahead.  You know those will come - the car needs new tires, inspections, the heat bill is taking a hit with extra propane, etc. 

I am totally loving this! How are you doing with your resolutions?


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment