Sunday, February 6, 2011

Job

Job 1:8 Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

Whew - can you even imagine how honored and wowed Job felt when he found out God has said that about him.  The amount of faith God had in him.  Truly humbling.

Could God say that about you? Could God say that about ME?

Job 5: 17 & 18 Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.  For he wounds, but he also binds up; he injures, but his hands also heal.

AMEN!

I found this Bible reading program the other day - Read through the Bible Program for Shirkers and Slackers.  Love it!  How often have you started one of those read through the Bible in a year and ended up behind the first week and never caught back up because it was just too much?  I couldn't even count the number of times that's happened to me. 

But give me a check list and I thrive to check off those little boxes.  I just love the simplicity of this program.  It's easy yet it gives me enough guidance that it's helpful to keep me on track.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment