Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Radical

moving.

That's the one word I would use to describe this book I am reading now - Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt.  Absolutely amazing.

Pg 73 "In the process we have unnecessarily (and unbiblically) drawn a line of distinction, assigning the obligations of Christianity to a few while keeping the privileges of Christianity for all of us."

There is still half of the book to read and I can't even imagine what God is going to reveal to me in it.  My priorities have been so wrong.  My view has been so skewed.  My love for Jesus has not been enough.  I don't think I have truly appreciated what God did for me and what I owe to him.  What I owe to the world.  Truly a moving book - I really recommend it for anyone who wants to do more for God (or who believes that Hell actually exists and people will suffer there for eternity).  

*Side note - yes this book is a New York Times bestseller.... and for that I an shocked.  It's eye opening and thought provoking ... in a good way. I am honestly surprised to see it listed on the bestseller list.  Maybe there's a revival in the works???? Now wouldn't that be sweet! 

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt 

No comments:

Post a Comment