Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cash Budget

Extra money.  Who doesn't love some 'extra' money? 

Even though we had a budget and always seemed to stay within that budget we never had extra money.  We still stressed out about those unexpected things that always come up (if you find a way to avoid them please let me know!). 

Over a couple months every where I turned someone was talking about the cash/envelope budget system.  I began to think God was trying to get my attention about something.  So as some of you may remember in December of last year I decided to give it a try.  EUREKA!

I can honestly not say enough good things about this system.  I think it has to be tweaked just a bit for each family until you get it right.  But there is nothing more than I love then to sit down at the end of the month and count up all the 'extra/left over' money we have.  And God has been so good to us during this time.  He has given me such a desire to make this work that I am able to resist all those little purchases that truly do add up over time. 

Today I am just thankful that God brought this system into my life and more than numerous occasions encouraged me to make it a success.  If anyone would like more information - please leave a comment below or  message me at andtheycallherblessed (at) gmail (dot) com



Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

2 comments:

  1. I would love more info...would love to give it a try some day!! (emurso@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just started the cash envelope system last month, I too had been wanting to try it for awhile. Had a hard time getting my husband on board with it, but once we started it we definitely felt the EUREKA you mentioned :) We made a significant "payment" to our house fund yesterday which was very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete