Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My 'Free' Vacation

Today I'm beyond happy to share with you my free vacation that I've been enjoying. 

So far the only thing I have actually paid for is my plane ticket.  Because this was a trip for hubby's work his plane ticket was paid for and so was our hotel.  I technically bought the ticket last year before we were really tracking our money so I'm not sure it really counts. :)

But because of so much planning I've been able to not spend any money out of pocket.   How I've done it....

Our hotel has a free hot continental breakfast so that's been taken care of.

I bought Subway giftcards through Mypoints and have been eating lunch for free!

Over the past 3 months I've been putting aside any money I received from diaper studies, PineCone Research surveys, Johnson & Johnson studies, and any other 'extra' money I earned.  With this money I've paid for:
  • my share of the shuttle from the airport
  • any meals that I had to buy at the airport
  • an amazing smoothie from Hagan Das today :)
  • a couple small gifts for my kiddos
In the next couple days I'll post again and let you know how things are going!

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment