Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Deadly Ties - Book Review

Deadly Ties: A Novel (Crossroads Crisis Center) by Vicki Hinze
It feels like it's been forever since I had time to read a book let alone write a review on it.  But I was determined to get this book read.  I started it three times before I finally was able to stick with it.  Enjoy!

This book starts out slow and not very exciting.  For it being a 'Christian' book the first 20 pages really had me doubting what direction it was going to go in.  But once I got past those first 20 pages I literally could not put it down. I devoured it in only two days.

I read fast.  Very fast (to the much annoyance of my husband) - but I also don't comprehend or retain what I read for long and I have a tendency to miss important things.  That happened often in this book.  Big climatic events came up suddenly and ended just as suddenly.  I found myself having to go back and re-read pages to make sure I understood exactly what was happening in the story.

But the overall story was entertaining and enjoyable. It left me wanting to go out and buy the next book - Not This Time: A Novel (Crossroads Crisis Center).  I really did enjoy this book and can't wait to see what happens in the next book (I just hope she continues the story of the main couple from this book - I always like to see where the main couples go in the next story.).

So yes I would highly recommend this book - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment