Sunday, February 24, 2013

Not above me

Why is it so hard to ask for help? 

I am so willing to help others but yet to ask for help myself is so hard.... why is that?

But I finally got the point I had to ask for help..... homeschooling.  I have so many wonderful books, actitivies, plans but yet I was floundering and running in circles it felt. I never wanted to be a teacher - I have absolutely no background in teaching but yet my husband and I both felt it was what is best for our family.  So I feel we've had a bit of a rocky start.  But I've finally asked for help.  I have a friend coming over in the next week or so to help me get set up.... find out what I really need to be covering and completing each day.  And then I am going to remove everything from the closets that I don't need right now.... it's so overwhelming to open those doors and see sooo much stuff!

Do any of you homeschool and what do you use to help you stay on track and not get distracted by all the 'extra' stuff?

I read this awesome article the other day and have shared it with my fellow mentors of homeschooling - I hope it will encourage you as well.  Homeschooling Held Hostage

And I'm so thankful that she's willing to help me.... and I'm thankful I didn't stay prideful and not ask for help :)
Jess

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers

1 comment:

  1. Two things, don't compare yourself or your kids to anyone else, that is a slippery slope. And, remember that God knows what your kids need to know to be the people He has set them out to be. Keep trusting Him for direction and He will give it. He gave the children the correct earthly parents He wanted for them. He never makes a mistake.

    ReplyDelete