Monday, July 22, 2013

A Setback

I posted about my garden here and how excited I was about it.  If you didn't see the pictures be sure to check them out. I was pretty proud of it.

Then last week we got a freak hail storm. This weather has been crazy.  Thursday I was on my way home from bible study and ran into a storm, by time I got home I knew it had been bad.  A tree in our neighbor's yard had been snapped apart.  I didn't even want to see my garden. The next morning I ventured down with much hesitation.

*tear*

My garden was a mess.  The tomatoes were on the ground... entire posts just pushed over - some on my pepper plants and cucumbers.  Random parts of my corn just looked like they were pushed over by a person.  My peas were smashed into the ground, most of the tops off my onions were broke off.  Oh my zucchini plants.... destroyed. Absolutely destroyed, the leaves just ripped to shreds.








It was heartbreaking to be honest. I had invested so much time and energy into this garden.  I just walked away and couldn't bear to even deal with it.

Later that day I got to thinking about how I've been complaining about conveniences and how much are they really a blessing to us.  Well I found out, because my garden was destroyed did not mean our family would starve to death this winter.  We still have the option of going to the grocery store and buying food that will sustain us over the months.

That is a blessing for sure.  Be sure to come back tomorrow to find out what God continued to teach me through out the weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment