Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese


I love this recipe! It is so perfect for covered dish dinners or birthday parties.

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese
  • 2 Cups uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 4 T butter
  • 2 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 Cup sour cream
  • 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup (I have a hard time finding this, I use the Progresso Recipe Starter cooking sauce - creamy three cheese)
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 Cup Whole Milk
  • 1/2 t black pepper

Cook the macaroni for 2 minutes less than what the directions call for.  Drain and set aside.  Whisk the cheese, sour cream, soup, and milk together.  Spray the liner for your larger oval crock pot, pour pasta into the liner, and the pour the liquid mixture over it. Stir.  Sprinkle with salt & pepper.

Cook on low for 3 hours, stirring every hour or so.

ps... my 't' means teaspoon and my 'T' means tablespoon - does anyone else do that? 

2 comments:

  1. my home ec teacher just rolled over in her grave - if you did not use tsp and TSP on your homework she marked the whole question wrong.....Mom
    ps... personally it doesn't matter to me as long as they are different and recognizable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I learned it!
    T = tablespoon
    t = teaspoon

    ReplyDelete