Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pizza Burgers


I want to start sharing with you some of the ways I save money and time while cooking.  One of my favorite recipes to double and freeze the leftovers is Pizza Burgers!  I know there are many different ways to make them but this is my favorite (and the school recipe from my Gram!).
  • 1 pound of ground beef, cooked, chopped and cooled
  • Grind or shred 3/4 pound of each cheddar cheese and bologna
  • 1 1/2 C. spaghetti sauce
  • 2 tsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt,1 tsp oregano 
Mix all the above ingredients together in a large bowl. 

Spread on hamburger or hotdog buns and bake at 375 for 10 minutes. To make them extra 'special' I add pepperoni slices to the children. I know I'm fancy like that. :) 

With the leftovers I spread them on the buns, and then lay the buns out on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer.  Once completely frozen I transfer to gallon size freezer bags.  Then when I need something for lunch I can pull out as many as I need and toast in the toaster oven.  Because they are frozen I lower the temperature a bit and make sure I turn them half way.  They still take about 10-15 minutes. It all depends on how 'crispy' you want them. 

This is a great way to pre-make lunches and have them ready at moment's notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment