Saturday, October 2, 2010

Some Money-Saving Tips

One of the reasons I started this blog was to share some tips on how we are saving money.  So every so often you'll see a post about a new way we're saving, or a post on something that we've been doing for so long that I've forgotten how much money it's saved us over the years!

I'll start with the one thing that has saved us oodles of money.... wait for it....

We have no cable or satellite. *gasp* I know, how do we survive?  I'll tell you what - our relationship with each other and our children is so much better then it ever would have been with a TV blaring all the time.

It wasn't always this way - only the summer of 09 did we cancel our dish. We were expecting our son in September and didn't have enough time as it was - so for an experiment we canceled it and have never looked back.  In the past year we've saved almost 1,000 dollars. 

With a new baby in the house any free time we had it was spent catching up on sleep! The only time of the year I was really nervous was during March Madness.  I think I fell in love with my husband all over again - he handled it wonderfully!

This isn't to say that we never watch TV - there are many great places to watch your favorite shows on-line.   Often times the networks will show current episodes for a week after they air.   But all in all - we've done so much more reading, studying the Bible, and learning more about each other. 

It's been a blessing in more ways then one.

1 comment:

  1. We don't have cable either :) It's not as hard as it seems!

    ReplyDelete