Thursday, March 21, 2013

My (sweet) son

I have a very stubborn son. He has been the tester of my patience for some time now.  I have been reminded over and over by a sweet lady at my church that I have a future leader on my hands BUT it's ours (the parents) responsibility to raise him up and help him to control and direct that strength. ha!

Some days I honestly envision just banging my head off the wall....or his to be honest.

This morning was one of them. Oh. my. heavens. He had me in tears only 10 minutes after waking up.

He wanted to watch a movie. I told him no he's been waking up too early and it's because he gets to watch movies.  No movie until big sister wakes up.  Ok a little bit of whining.  Then he asks for breakfast -  he's hungry. My response. Ok. what would you like.

J - Please.
M - No tell me what you want.
J - Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.  Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.  (in that high annoying whiny voice)
M- I said you could have something to eat. What do you want?
J - Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.  Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. 
M - Josiah I don't know what you want to eat. Cereal? Toast?
J - Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.  Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.
M - Josiah you can have something to eat, that's not a problem. I said ok - please tell me what you want to eat.
J - Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.  Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. 
M - (starting to cry at this point and getting very frustrated). Just tell me what you want - you can have breakfast - you can have something to eat.
J - Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.  Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. 
*The above conversation is just a piece of it - that section probably was repeated two or three time.

M - ok holding up three fingers - do you want cereal? toast? or pop-tart.
J - stops crying instantly, and says 'pop-tart?'.
M - yes you can a pop-tart.
J - ok, hops down and runs to the kitchen.
M - lays down and wants to go back to bed.

UGH..... this boy is going to be the breaking point of me.

Last night from 12:30 to 1:30 it was laying in his bed yelling 'mommy' but wouldn't tell me what he wanted or needed... as long as I was laying beside him he said mommy in a regular half whiny voice.  If I went to leave he screamed mommy in a very loud full whiny voice.  It was so frustrating.

If you ever find me in the curled fetal position you know the word 'please' has been said just one too many times.  I guess I'm supposed to be able to read my son's mind. Who would have thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment