Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Clutter-Busting Challenge: conclusion

I'm just not good at following through on things.... I know this blog will never be a huge success if I don't spend more time each day building it and I think I need to accept that it's not going to be a huge success right now because I just don't have the time to devote.  This clutter-busting challenge was such a good idea and I jumped right in to it and enjoyed it but couldn't keep up with the posting every day. 

The goal of the challenge was to get rid of 7 things every day during the month of May - 217.  I surpassed that amount quite awhile ago.  We are having our huge community yard sale this Saturday - it's always the first Saturday in June.  This challenge just got me up and moving and once I got started I couldn't quit.  I barely posted on the amount of stuff that is being shipped out my door.  My husband could not be more thrilled! :)

The challenge that comes now is not bringing the stuff back into the house when the sale is over and it hasn't sold! I am a bit of a hoarder and don't like to actually throw stuff away.... it will take lots of will-power to not save it for the next sale.

I am thankful for this challenge and the motivation it gave me to get up and get going with clearing clutter - my mindset was totally different while prepping for our sale. I was focused on clearing out as many items as I possibly could because I knew someday I would post on it. I will take some pictures once the garage is set up and you can just see how much clutter I actually had. 

Now let's see what the next project I'll get in to will be? Any suggestions?

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

Clutter-Busting Challenge by Money Saving Mom

Follow me on Facebook! 
Follow me on Twitter!

3 comments:

  1. I too joined the clutter challenge but I haven't done so well with it. I did manage to get rid of some things, but I didn't keep up with the 7 daily things. It did help me to start looking at things differently so I will continue to purge my home of unnecessary items to donate or sell. Sounds like you did a great job on the challenge, congratulations!

    New follower here, found you on the Titus2sday link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was heavily motivated to de-clutter because of our upcoming Church yard sale. After that, I have been having a hard time "finishing". But we press on! We have already succeeded, right? Without this challenge, my home with still be filled with at least 2/3rds of the clutter. So don't get down on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done okay on decluttering a little every day, but I have pretty much avoided my worst area--it's called DENIAL for me, lol! Crystal is struggling to find things to get rid of every day, and I assure you, that's NOT my problem! One thing you might do is, after the big sale, haul whatever is left to Goodwill, or Salvation Army, or even a consignment thrift store and just get RID of it!

    ReplyDelete