Monday, May 20, 2013

Clutter-Busting Challenge: Days 13-20

I'm still working on this challenge (my mud-room proves it right now) but I just haven't kept up with posting as much as I would have liked. So today I thought I would post on days 13-20... that's 8 days, which should have equaled 56 items.  I happen to have totaled 127!

I posted yesterday about where I might want to take this blog and I'm still thinking on that. In addition to my three children this week I also have my two nieces and one nephew... I'll probably be cleaning after bedtime this week.  So there has been a couple bumps in the road for sure but that's ok as long as you pick yourself back up and keep going.

I concentrated on the upstairs of our house during this challenge.  Although I still haven't touched my closet or the side-attic which are two that desperately need attention. Our community yard sale is only 2 weeks away and I still want to go through the rest of my stuff.

Here's a small list of the items from last week:

34 items of garbage - expired medicines, empty or almost empty hair stylers, broken ponytail holders
3 pairs of shoes
1 beautiful ball of pink yarn that I had high hopes for (sometimes you just have to pass on projects)
1 full box of  embroidery thread
1 embroidery frame
6 packages that each had 6 pieces of partially completed squares for a quilt (that I may have started ahem 10 years ago before I got married)
2 completed pillowcases to match the quilt
and the rest was just weeded out junk, miscellaneous items

Total tally of items: 413

Clutter-Busting Challenge by Money Saving Mom

Follow me on Facebook! 
Follow me on Twitter!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! And that reminds me to go through my small bag of sewing things. I'm pretty sure I have some cross-stitch I started back in high school!
    About your blog, I encourage you to refine your focus, and blog about your passions. I listened to an entreleadership podcast by Dave Ramsey that talked about having focus and how those that are successful have a specific focus. I think it could be applied to blogging as well. I know it's something I'm working on with my own blog as well!

    ReplyDelete