Last week I participated in a 48 hr media fast and learned a lot. a lot.
This week I was challenged to join a two week challenge based on the book - The UnWired Mom - Choosing to Live Free in an Internet Addicted World. I think God might be trying to tell me something. The challenge starts tomorrow Thursday the 8th.
I want to start school here and I think it's fitting that I planned to do so next week. During the two week challenge. God is good even when He doesn't use words. :)
Right now you can get this book for only $4.99 if you are interested in joining in. You can read more about the challenge over at SarahMae's.
So who's with me? Who's in? I want to concentrate on enjoying my children and building better routines and schedules for all of us in our family. We recently started a new evening routine and it's working so much better than I would have ever thought (more on that late).
It's not going to be easy and I'm sure I'll have some fails thrown in there with some successes but it's the small steps that count... because they lead to the bigger steps. :)
My goals right now are:
- to enjoy my children and not push them away while on the computer
- to listen to them and watch what they do (not be told - no mommy to watch you have to turn your head towards me)
- to limit my time on the computer - schedule specific times during the day I'm allowed to be on and then be productive during those times
- to limit the time my children spend in front of a tv/computer (warm weather will be gone before we know it)
- to focus on the here and now, not on the world out there that I don't have any real connections to
- to be content and happy with my life
- to purposely spend more time in the Word and thus teaching my little ones what I'm learning
Anyone joining in? Who's up for the challenge?
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my disclosure policy here