Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Italian Cheese Sandwiches

Italian Cheese Sandwiches 

I have honestly never made these but someone requested them on facebook and I was happy to find the recipe.

This is also a recipe from the old MC high school cafeteria. :)

12 sandwiches - 24 slices of bread
  • 1 1/2 lb American Cheese
  • 1 med onion chopped
  • 4 hard boiled eggs

Run the the above ingredients through a food grinder and let stand in the fridge overnight.

Mix in:
  • 1 T dry milk powder
  • pepper to taste
  • 4 raw eggs slightly beaten
Spoon an egg sized amount on to the bread and spread evenly to the edges.
Bake at 375 until brown.

My Gram said this would probably keep well in the fridge for a couple days but because of the eggs she doesn't suggest freezing it.

I also am not sure if this is a breakfast or lunch sandwich.  I personally think I would add some ground breakfast sausage or crumbled bacon to it to make it into a hearty breakfast sandwich. :)

So what do you think? Sound good or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment