Sunday, October 6, 2013

Martin's Deals - Week of 10/6

Well last week they had great deals. And I think purposely they don't have great gas deals this week because the points run out on the 12th.  So if you don't pay attention to your slip, only buy the weeks that gas deals are going on then you would accidentally let all your points expire and lose all that free gas!

Yes maybe I look too far into it but it's my thoughts. :)

So I thought I would share a couple other tidbits of information with you about Martin's and couponing.

Unlike Giant Eagle, Martin's gas points expire at a set time period, if you would earn $4.00 in gas on October 11th, they would still expire on the 12th. The next cycle will start October 13th. Giant Eagle's is on a rolling cycle and makes it much easier to not lose gas perks.

Martin's will only double one 'like' coupon, so if you check out with two 'like' coupons then only the first one will double, and the 2nd one will be at face value.  This is why I normally have multiple orders at Martin's. Annoying, yes but you can normally work around it. 

'wyb' - means 'When You Buy'

Instant off - means when you buy a certain amount you instantly receive X dollars off - this is normally a store promotion and you need no coupons to take advantage of this.

$X off wyb $X - such as $5 off when you buy $25 dollars worth of stuff.  At Martin's this is almost always AFTER coupons. So you have to figure that into the amount when you are calculating your totals.

Those are all I can think of now. If you have any other questions please let me know so I know how to help you all save money in the future. This is one of the biggest ways we've been able to make it with me staying home - being very wise financially and making the money that God gives us last as long as it possibly can.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment