Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Banana Bread


This is one of my favorite recipes handed down to me from my Gram. I make this bread in large batches and freeze them although I don't know why - they never last that long :)

Banana Bread

Cream Together:
1 C Shortening
2 C sugar

Add:
4 eggs beaten
2 1/2 C mashed bananas (give or take, I'm pretty liberal with this)

Combine and slowly add to the above mixture:
4 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda

*Nathan prefers his to have chocolate chips in, this is where you would gently fold in some additions if you wanted.

Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 60 minutes or until cake-tester comes out clean.  Take out of pan and set on cooling racks to cool.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess,

    Since I'm not on Facebook any longer I have no way of contacting you :-( I hope this works :-) I need your help with budgeting questions/advice. How can I contact you?

    Thanks!
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh sweetie I have been thinking about you and praying about a way to contact you!!!! I hope you get this. email me njbish5 (at) gmail (dot) com HUGS!

      Delete