Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cream of Broccoli Soup



I know 'they' always say that you aren't supposed to try a new recipe when you have company coming over but I'm blessed that 1) the recipe turned out good and 2) I have good friends who didn't mind trying something new. :)

Cream of Broccoli Soup
  • 1 T onion chopped
  • 2 T butter
  • 1/2 C flour
  • 1 C Milk
  • Quart Chicken Stock
  • 1/8 t pepper
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 10 oz chopped broccoli
  • 1/2 - 1 C cheese (depending on preference)
Saute onions in butter in large stock pot.  Once onions are soft, whisk in flour, and then slowly whisk in milk to flour mixture.  Bring to a slow boil and let thicken to desired consistency. Add chicken stock, pepper, garlic powder, and broccoli. (*Side note - I used fresh broccoli I had steamed earlier, after I let it cook for awhile I used my favorite kitchen tool and chopped it more.) Once it has come to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add cheese.  Cook until melted, service with warm bread, crackers, or cornbread muffins. yum yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment