Wednesday, March 6, 2013

desperate: Figuring it out new

Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe

I had a little bit of a hard time wrapping my mind around this chapter for some reason.  We've just came off of a an extremely busy weekend - wonderful but busy. We hosted 39 students from Appalachian Bible College while they played a concert for our church. It was amazing.  But the two days ended tragically when our church family found out that one of our dearest families lost a daughter suddenly from a car accident.  So it's been a bit of 'off' days for us around here. 

SarahMae posted yesterday that her family was sick so she was delayed in posting her book review which gave me an extra day to get things done.

Because of the accident and the reminder of how short life truly is and knowing all our days our numbered what I eventually took away from this chapter is to ask yourself.  If I would pass suddenly and someone asked my children what they remembered about me..... what would they say (excuse the tears here).

would they say - she was too busy, she was on the computer all the time, she yelled a lot, we were a burden to her, we made messes that upset her

what I want them to say - she was full of love, joy, grace.  we did crafts all the time, we did read books whenever we wanted, we had fun with games and silly activities.  she loved Jesus. it was fun to be around here, we felt loved and cherish, we were the most important thing in her life.

and from here on out I am going to focus on what I want them to say......and putting this into perspective and focusing on figuring it out new....what I want my children to remember.


My previous posts on this book:
Chapter 9 - taming the beast of housework
Chapter 8 - escaping from your children
Chapter 7 - selfishness (mine!)
Chapters 3 & 4
Chapter 2 - the go-it-alone culture
Chapter 1 - ideals and going under
Introduction

Follow me on Facebook!

See my disclosure policy here.

2 comments:

  1. This is my heart's desire, as well. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete