Sunday, March 10, 2013

desperate: all the voices that influence us

Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe

where to begin with this chapter. I truly believe it all comes down to this -

Do you have peace with whatever you are doing? 

This week our church family had the privilege to minister to a family who was hurting in ways I can not even imagine.  We were supposed to go to a homeschooling convention on Saturday in Pittsburgh, the fees had been paid, the plans made, everything was a go.  But I just did not have peace about it.  I was struggling hourly trying to decide what to do. I prayed and asked God to show me what I should do..... and He did that by giving me peace.  When I thought about going to the convention and being away from this family during their hard times I got nervous, my heart actually hurt, and I felt so unsure.  When I would think about throwing our plans out the window and being there for this family I felt absolute peace - it was amazing. And made the decision sooo much easier once I just accepted that the peaceful feeling was God's way of giving me the answer. 

Isn't that how it is with raising our children.  We mommy's have that gut instinct often - and when we listen to it good normally follows.  If you do not have peace about something that is happening to your children, or something that someone tells you that you should be doing.... don't do it!  Listen to that peace that God will give you when you are in His will. That doesn't always mean that it will be want you want to do but it will be the right thing to do.

There are so many voices that are trying to tell us what to do.  Some good and some bad - some mean well and some want us to fail - some hurt and some help - some build up and some tear down - some discourage us and some encourage us.  The list could go on.  

Find those people who encourage you and surround yourself with them.

My previous posts on this book:
Chapter 10 - Figuring it out new
Chapter 9 - taming the beast of housework
Chapter 8 - escaping from your children
Chapter 7 - selfishness (mine!)
Chapters 3 & 4
Chapter 2 - the go-it-alone culture
Chapter 1 - ideals and going under
Introduction


Follow me on Facebook!

See my disclosure policy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment